Saturday, June 29, 2013

Run for Hope

With a couple races under my belt, I wanted to end "race season" with a fun run with my friends. Jamie and Jennifer had been training fearlessly with their 9 to 5 group in preparation for their first 5k. Tanna signed up because she was bit by the bug. Sarah signed up to run with her hubby, and Lisa decided it was time to lace up after having Ella. I don't know if it was peer pressure, my own running addiction or the sinking thought it may be my last race in Texas, but I joined in the fun. 

It was not only a great race but a personal best. I finished the 10k in 47 minutes (ummm 7:30mm what?!?) And finished 2nd in my age group. I never medaled before so this was the highlight of my running career. It was a perfect end to race season and an even better morning because I had a blast with my friends. I'd like to thing the Harlem shake warm up really added the pep to my step :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment